Monday, April 29, 2013

Modern Love--Kim's Shamrock Piece

Shamrocks from Priscilla and D'Arcy books
This little piece of Irish Crochet seemed like it would never be finished!  It started out as just the shamrock motifs.  I was planning to make a top or blouse but used No. 10 thread for the shamrocks, and thought they were a little big for what I had in mind.  The border that you see there (from a Priscilla book) was going to be a waist decoration.  It just wasn't working out so when the IC Lovers group on Ravelry had a backgrounds CAL (crochet-a-long) in October 2012, I was happy to use the shamrocks for that.  I had to make more, but once I got the layout designed, the filling in went pretty quickly.  I made the center first, with the close mesh, and then did the Clones Knots working from the center out to the edges.  I can see where I changed direction but overall I'm happy with finishing this!  I think I will make it into a pillow.
~~Kim


Clones Knots as taught by Maire Treanor


Flowers in the center border are from Duplet

3 comments:

Lori McNamara said...

Kim this looks wonderful!

Rika said...

This is gorgeous!!

lily rully said...

Kim this looks beautiful... I verry like...